Reasons to Choose Ruby on Rails for Web Development
By Sandeep Memane
"According to Similar Tech, Ruby on Rails built 4,01,543+ websites whereas Python has 1,33,571+ and Magento has 1,31,483+ websites."
Rails is a web application framework written in the Ruby programming language that includes everything needed to create database-backed web applications according to MVC pattern.
According to Similar Tech, built 4,01,543+ websites whereas Python has 1,33,571+ and Magento has 1,31,483+ websites.
Ruby uses fewer characters, less special symbols, and more explicit syntax.
Ruby code compared English: Is John happy?
Modifying the existing code and adding new features to a site is easy, the Rails conventions will help employees step up and pick up on everything quickly.
Debugging with Pry is very easy to compare with other languages, which allow to pause execution and inspect the code in run time.
Ruby on Rails contains 133,000+ gems that allow developers to build an application without writing boilerplate code.
Most of the entrepreneurs experience problems of time constraints and tight budgets; using Ruby on Rails they can save their money and time in several ways.
On average, teams using Ruby on Rails build applications 30-40% faster than teams using other programming languages and frameworks.
After switching the agency, the new agency does not find much difficulty to learn it, as it’s easy to understand compared to other languages.
Sites Built with Ruby on Rails:
1) GitHub: GitHub was launched in 2008 to host IT-projects and facilitate developers. Now GitHub boasts around 22 million users and 61 million repositories worldwide and is considered as the biggest code repository in the world.
2) Hulu: American subscription video-on-demand service, founded in 2007, is now one of the largest portals for watching your favourite TV shows, movies and Internet videos.
3) WeTransfer: WeTransfer is a Dutch internet-based computer file transfer service, founded in 2009.
4) SlideShare: Founded in 2006, LinkedIn SlideShare is an American hosting service for professional content which includes presentations, infographics, documents, and videos.
5) Airbnb: Founded in 2007, Airbnb connects travellers looking for a place to stay with hosts, who can easily rent their rooms or apartments.
6) Basecamp: Both our favourite framework and this popular project management online tool was created by the same man – David Heinemeier Hansson.
According to stack overflow survey 2019, Ruby on Rails framework at 7th position in most Wanted Web Frameworks list
Worldwide job ads from Naukri
Ruby on Rails developer: 1358
Laravel developer: 870
Django developer: 1089
Magento developer: 1729
If you are planning to build your website on Ruby on Rails then we can help. The Adroit is a full service agency focused on Web Design & Development, Chatbots, SEO, Social Media, Marketplace, Amazon Alexa Skills & Custom Product Development.